Monday, November 1, 2010

Autistics speaking day. Things about being autistic and how it effects me that I think you should know

1. I wear high heals cause it reminds me of when I used to walk on my toes. I miss the sensation of walking on my toes so high heals are the next best thing.
2. I get black moods when there are many changes around me and when the seasons change. There kinda like depression. I retreat into my world and I rock myself back and forth. I do not communicate nor do I wish to when I'm in this mood. It's like half of my personality has gone away. I don't know where it went or how long it'll be gone. I often get nightmares and night terrors when in this mood.
3. I tap my forehead when I concentrate. I think this is ok and there is nothing weird about it.
4. I rock back and forth when I hear music I like. I don't get how you can stay still when there is awesome music playing.
5. I walk back and forth alot when I'm excited or concentrating.
6. Sometimes I have a hard time communicating what I really feel. This is when I will write a letter and send it. So don't be offended by this its just easier for me to write some things then say them.
7. I often jump up and down when I'm excited. Sometimes I'll jump up and down just for the sensation.
8. I often don't understand social cues so to help me I use Sherlock Holmes science of deduction and observation to help me figure out what a person maybe feeling or thinking.
9. I love twirling. I often twirl when I dance. I don't get dizzy it's fun! I just love my computer chair cause it spins around.
10. My hands go stiff when I am angry. If you see me doing this RUN!!
11. I still get meltdowns when there is to much stress. I guess you don't grow out of those.
12. Some types of clothing are uncomfortable. I don't like tight sleeves or turtle necks. And even some fabrics are uncomfortable. I still can't find a sheet to put on my bed that I like and feels good.
13. I prefer liquid to powder when it comes to foundation. Powder hurts liquid doesn't.
14. I hate bras with straps. The straps rub against my shoulders I don't like it.
15. I hate it when people touch my stuff or move my stuff. Its mine!
16. I keep my room a mess I like it that way. I know where everything is and it works for me.
17. I love quiet libraries. I love how organized they are. They are my what I call a "peace zone."
18. I love doing book reports. I still do them and I do them cause I find them fun.
19. Can't stand it when people mumble or talk really fast. It's hard enough for me to understand you so please don't mumble or talk fast.
20. Hate bullies. When I get picked on I run away. Its scary when I think someone might wanna hurt me.
21. I laugh at what you don't see. I can visualize things in my head and sometimes what I picture is pretty funny. So if it looks like I'm laughing at nothing I'm not I'm laughing at something you just can't see.
22. I'm slow to learn but hey at least I learn it. Slow learning is better then no learning at all.

No comments: