Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My favorite quotes

Here are my top 10 all time favorite quotes in no particular order...

1. “Should I ever marry, Watson, I should hope to inspire my wife with some feeling which would prevent her from being walked off by a housekeeper when my corpse was lying within a few yards of her.”  - Sherlock Holmes in The Valley Of Fear 

2. "When I was little, every birthday I'd get all dressed up, and I'd wish that if I was good enough that you'd come and find me. And now here I am, in the most beautiful dress I could imagine and you're here. You know what I miss now? I miss being me. I finally realize that that is enough." - Daphne Reynolds in What A Girl Wants 

3. "There are many different ways of categorizing news. It doesn't have to be just war and famine and serious politics."  - Piers Morgan 

4. "To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing." - Martin Luther 

5. "Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face" - Ronald Reagan 

6. "Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you." - Princess Diana 

7. "The only thing worse then being blind is having sight but no vision" - Helen Keller 

8. "Never retreat, never explain, never apologize. Get the thing done and let them howl." - Nellie McClung 

9. "A woman's mind is cleaner then a man's: She changes it more often." - Oscar Herford 

10. "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams 

No comments: